Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fotos de un día libre:

I just finished my two week intensive class yesterday. Woop woop. I celebrated by spending some wonderful time outdoors in the 65 degree weather. Feel free to tener celos.

Most people were still wearing boots, pants, coats, but I went out in shorts, a South Alabama tee, and a pair of Aviators. I had a mission to accomplish and it wasn't to look like a Sevillana (though someday, maybe, I will achieve their haughty style).

My mission was simple:
Tomar sol (Sit in the sun)
Escribir muchas cartas (Write a lot of letters)

Here is a sort of menagerie of photos from my free day in Sevilla:



I sat near the river

I watched men fish and row on the river. (This photo is dedicated to my father, fisherman extraordinaire)

I watched Spanish teenagers par-kour on the various obstacles surrounding the river.

I wrote letters to these people. All of whom I miss tremendously.

Although I miss so many things about America and many people there as well, today was grand. It's not over, though. Right now, Consuelo is taking a siesta. We just finished having lunch. I've got to be off to a cafetería to meet some friends. We're planning a trip to Germany. Can anyone say Lutherstadt Wittenberg? I can't wait. It's pretty Catholic in Spain.


4 comments:

  1. AH! Such good photos. I feel like I was there with you today. I love your little vocab links.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That picture of Paella marinera is making me hungry! Writing letters in the sun next to the river sounds like a perfect way to spend an afternoon. I'm going to follow your initiative, go out, and spend a day worth blogging about!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GERMANY!!!! (Insert envy here.) Dearest Liz, your days in Spain appear to me to be glistening with sunlight. I am glad that tu vida is as brilliant on the far side of the ocean as mine is here in the midst of white, white snow...

    (I had to fix a grammatical error, thus the deletion...)

    ReplyDelete